Explorations in Art: A Community Connection, Student Book
By Marilyn G. Stewart and Eldon Katter
A structure that promotes mastery!
Engage middle school students with:
- Brilliant fine art images
- 54 studios with stellar examples of student artwork
- Art criticism of fine art and student artwork
- Technique illustrations
- Artist biographies
- Time Lines
- Globes and maps
- Handy reference material
Introduce . . . your students to art’s most fundamental concepts in the book’s inviting opening section, An Introduction to Art.
- Present—through inspiring images and simple text—art’s forms and purposes, subjects, themes, and media
- Take a visual look at the elements of art and principles of design
- Explore basic steps in art criticism and the 5-step process for studio work
Reinforce . . . concepts and skills through 54 engaging studios.
- Skills and Techniques lessons in each unit allow in-depth coverage
- Consistent “Observe, Tools, Practice” sequence encourages good creative habits
- Carefully-chosen fine art supports text
- Studio Exploration lessons in every unit focus on thoughtful, relevant use of elements and principles and techniques
- Simple line art clarifies processes
- Art criticism exercises hone students’ skills in self and peer revision
Review . . . basic skills, techniques, and concepts through the clear, comprehensive Student Handbook.
Table of Contents
- Revisit elements and principles
- Study a simplified chronology of western art styles and movements
- Refer to safety information and art forms, as well as matting, framing, and other essential skills
An Introduction to Art
Unit 1: Art and Messages
Unit 2: Art and Daily Life
Unit 3: Art and Belonging
Unit 4: Art and Place
Unit 5: Art and Nature
Unit 6: Art and Change
Unit 7: Art and Celebration
Unit 8: Art and Making a Difference
Unit 9: Art and New Directions
Tags: Explorations in Art, A Community Connection, middle school, junior high, Student Book, Marilyn G. Stewart, Eldon Katter
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or