Gender Matters in Art Education
Find out how gender really matters in the artroom
Gender Matters in Art Education translates the theory of gender equity into real practice in the art classroom. The authors provide a coherent review of the important research on gender equity in schools and demonstrate, through concrete, classroom-based examples, the unique opportunities that the art classroom provides for promoting gender equity for both boys and girls.
Available individually or as part of the Art Education in Practice Series. 155 pages, softcover
- Case studies on practicing gender equity in the classroom
- Strategies on supporting a gender equitable climate in the artroom
- Tips on building a gender equitable curriculum
- Examples of the art teacher’s unique opportunity to address gender matters
Table of Contents
- Understanding Gender: In Society, School, and the Artroom
- Gender Matters: Views of Gender and How They Affect Art Students
- Gender Issues in Art and Visual Culture
- How Do Art and Visual Culture Shape Our Views of Gender?
- Transforming Curriculum to Foster Gender Equity
- Supporting a Gender-Equitable Climate in the Art Classroom
- Windows into Practice: Four Case Studies
- Gender Equity in the Ideal Art Classroom
Learn about the digital edition of Gender Matters in Art Education.
Tags: Gender Matters in Art Education, Art Education in Practice Series, Martin Rosenberg, Frances Thurber, Marilyn G. Stewart, Marilyn Stewart, professional development
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or